Top 5 Online Fashion Sites
So fighting insane crowds and possibly getting clawed in the process during your shopping trip isn’t your idea of a fun time. We get it. That’s why online shopping has become increasingly popular over the last few years. New fashion sites are constantly popping up on the style radar, especially during the holiday shopping season, where who’s hot and who’s not so hot are defined by a fine line. This year is no different, with a charmingly notable crop of who’s hot. Looks like online fashion sites are taking over the world one stiletto heel at a time. Take a look at these go-to picks and prepare to get bitten with the retail bug.
- Shopbop.com: This little gem of a site started off as a purely contemporary website, but grew into a mammoth of a fashion site. Tibi, alice + olivia, Thakoon, Giuseppe Zanotti, Philip Lim, Zac Posen, and CC SKYE are just a few of the monstrous list of designers they offer. The site is navigable and friendly, but with such high-end designers, prepare to spend some serious dough. It’s not impossible to find some deals though, as they offer as much as 70% off of the past season’s choices.
- UrbanOutfitters.com: The eclectic fashion favorite has an online store that’s just as zany. Best known for their killer tees, unusual but cute shoes, and lady-like sundresses, UO has gentle pricing and tough-to-find labels. Sales are ridiculous (in a good way) as well; prices are slashed up to 70% off in their decently sized sale section. Plus, you can furnish your apartment or home with peculiar and unconventional bedding, wall art, rugs, furniture, and kitchen and bar accessories. Who couldn’t use a pickle-shaped flask or mustache ice tray for their humble abode?
- Topshop.com: Praise the fashion gods that this style dreamland has an online site; the Soho, NYC Topshop fitting room lines seriously stretch for miles. The celebrity-loved wares come equipped with middle-of-the-road pricing, similar to UO. Plus, simply scrolling over the clothing shows both the front and back views, which is so much simpler than clicking on each individual piece. Bonuses like free shipping over $50 and hassle-free returns make us wonder why we ever subjected ourselves to the crazed madness at the actual store; throwing your items in the hosted shopping cart is so easy-peasy.
- Asos.com: With options like $45 and under, Asos is a wonderland of affordable style. The house label offers a plentiful selection but inventory moves extremely quickly due to the popularity of the items. The shoe selection isn’t something to scoff at either; with a price like $60 for studded biker boots, how could you not drool? Staying on top of trends is the site’s top priority and there’s free shipping both ways. Plus, with the fabulous Top Ten weekly picks, your closet just got a heck of a lot cuter.
- Modcloth.com: This site features over 700 independent designers but their stock ventures into more than just clothing. Like Urban Outfitters, Modcloth offers some pretty dynamite picks when it comes to decorating your home, apartment, love nest, or nook. The colorful site dazzles and favors vintage designs for a reasonable price. If you’re in the market for a new dress, Modcloth is the site to visit; there are over 10 categories of dresses offered, including party, fit and flare, prints, and special occasion.
Kristy Kravitsky is a 2011 college graduate with a degree in English.