The long walk on the ramp starts with a small step
Are you an aspiring model? Do you want to walk the ramp for a reputed designer? But confused and contemplating on how to approach and proceed? Well, it’s not unnatural for an aspiring model to be a little jittery at the start. After all endorsing a product, displaying jewelry or posing for the camera for promotion is not easy and at times nerve racking. But as the jargon goes journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, so here we are at the beginning line. The following might guide you to get the appropriate start that your modeling career needs.
- Got the goods: Never lie to yourself. Suppose you are 65 and want get selected for a beach wear shoot. Doesn’t suite well right? Well, a whimsical designer might fancy the idea but generally young people will fit in better in this case. So, before you decide to participate in a competition or an audition know if you are actually good enough. To clear doubts about yourself post your queries in different forums and request honest feedbacks. You will get an idea about the latest trends in the industry.
- Keep yourself updated: Always keep tabs about the latest fashion happenings and dynamics. Make sure you know what’s hot and what’s not. Never fall behind when it comes to fashion knowhow because this particular profession is immensely competitive.
- Get on the frame and look good on paper: You need to have considerable collection of your own photographs. Hire a professional photographer and click a few. These are very important and provide an edge to your portfolio. But do ensure the photographs have a professional outlook where you seem like a model. Furthermore, portfolio preparation is extremely crucial, as that is the best possible way to highlight your expertise and document your skill sets and accolades if any.
- Get enrolled and learn your trade: Even if you look perfect as a model it’s important to get formal training. Find out the nearest modeling agency or fashion house that provides formal training programs for aspiring models. You can also search the web to find out online forums and websites to submit your resume for free. There are many portals and modeling job sites which provide a free web space for you to post your comments, queries and at times consult industry experts for advice and tips. So, start uploading and hope for the best.
- Get a proper diet chart and shape up: Being figure conscious is a part of the modeling profession. Therefore, it is important to note that proper diet is required. There have been many instances and occurrences of models suffering from malnutrition. So, consult a dietitian and get your food balance right. Stay fit and in shape.
Modeling Jobs & Help are two aspects that make entertainment forums, agencies and grooming houses great places to learn and start your career. Modeling jobs can vary from catwalk to catalogue and from photo shoot to music videos and there is no guarantee that you will consistently get offers or opportunities. It is imperative to know what you are most comfortable in so that investment of time, money and efforts are worth it.
Author’s Bio – Anny Smith is a veteran fashion blogger. Whether modeling Jobs & Help or anything else – she writes for all types of fashion related topics.